Are you a creative? Whether a marketer, a graphic designer or a business owner - you'll likely not only just use creativity in your day-to-day life, but see how beneficial it is to try and challenge that creativity to come up with new and original ideas.
In this article, we’re looking to some of the most influential designers in times past and present for their takes on all things creativity and design. Reading these quotes helps give us an insight into some brilliant minds, and so we get to learn a little bit more about how to improve our own approach to graphic design and creativity.
1. "We're always looking, but we never really see."- Milton Glaser
2. "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares. - Saul Bass"
3. "Any excuse to get away from the computer screen is welcome." - Stefan Sagmeister
4. “Beige is the color of indecision” - Paula Scher
5. “To design is to communicate clearly by whatever means you can control or master.” - Milton Glaser
6. “Everything is design. Everything!”- Paul Rand
7. “I never learned all the things you're not supposed to do; I just do what makes the most sense.” - David Carson
8. “Styles come and go. Good design is a language, not a style.” - Massimo Vignelli
9.“You can do a good ad without good typography, but you can't do a great ad without good typography.” - Herb Lubalin
10. “I like to step into areas where I am afraid. Fear is a sign that I am going in the right direction.” - April Greiman
11. ‘Design is thinking made visual.’ - Saul Bass
12. “Don't try to be original; just try to be good.” - Paul Rand
13. “If I get up every day with the optimism that I have the capacity for growth, then that’s success for me.” - Paula Scher
14. “Design is, literally, purposeful planning. Graphic Design, then, is the form those plans will take.” - Chip Kidd
15. “If you do it right, it will last forever.” - Massimo Vignelli
16. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” - Mary Angelou
17. “Design is the silent ambassador of your brand.”- Paul Rand
18. “There's many ways you communicate. With colour, texture, sound... Even words can communicate.” - David Carson
19. “If no one hates it no one really loves it” - Jessica Walsh
20. “I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things.” - Lindon Leader